Dear sisters, in a recent research study I read, joining a support group for breast cancer survivors doubled a woman’s survival times, even in late stage cancer. It seems it doesn’t matter if the support groups are in person or online, as long as they offer you an opportunity to speak and be heard, and to share hopes, fears, and challenges with someone who understands.
This is why I’m so excited to offer a free call the first week of January to any survivor at ANY stage of recovery who thinks they might like this type of supportive sharing and learning experience. In fact, I am so excited to be able to bring all of us together with God’s help, I am busy working out the details to make it simple and affordable for you.
Our support group will actually offer you the most current wellness “advice” available, so that you leave every “call” feeling understood and a little bit wiser about preventing any recurrences.
Specifics will be released in the next several weeks. For now, plan on a free call in the first full week of January to get a sense of what this type support group can do for you.
The Great Wellness Benefits of Being Part of a Support Group
Let’s look at more reasons offered on the healing power of support groups. They include:
- Realizing you are not alone. This realization usually brings about a feeling of relief. You feel understood, perhaps for the first time, and you also realize everyone is there to help and encourage each other.
- You can freely express your feelings, and not be judged. Sisters on the call get it, because that is how they feel, too. This is a very healing experience, and we praise you for your courage and openness in your willingness to share.
- You will learn helpful information to help you heal. Our goal is to help you regain your health as you pursue a life of wellness…together with others who are doing the same.
- You will have hope again that your life and your health can be better than it was before breast cancer. By listening and applying helpful tips and skills from sisters further down the road of recovery, you will begin living a life of full of wellness and hope.
- As you work through your issues and concerns, you will notice you are feeling less stressed. By being able to voice your concerns, while having helpful tips and ideas offered, you will learn solutions for recovery.
Sisters, we recover and heal best together. Tune in for our next blog on Thursday. There are more benefits to be revealed about the importance of belonging to a support group for your healing and even survival after cancer…regardless of the staging of your disease.
Visit with you on Thursday. God bless you, my friend!
Then we cried out, “Lord, help us! Rescue us!” And He did! God spoke the words, ‘Be healed,’ and we were healed, delivered from death’s door.”
Suzanne Bonner, Author
Thriving in God’s Love:
Seven Powerful Steps to Heal Body, Soul, and Spirit After Breast Cancer
“But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God. I will always trust in God’s unfailing love.” Psalm 52:8